MSC World Europa
On a cruise ship
MSC World Europa: Futuristic ship with a cosmopolitan flair
The first in a trailblazing new class of ships, MSC World Europa introduces a next-generation class of ships for MSC Cruises when it arrives in December 2022. The futuristic-looking vessel will hold 5,079 passengers at double capacity and 6,762 passengers at full capacity, making it one of the largest megaships in the world (see below).
With Europa, MSC is borrowing from Royal Caribbean's "neighborhoods" concept and dividing the ship into distinct districts, each with its own theme and experiences, including a tranquil adults-only zen district, a lively promenade with entertainment, shops and bars, and a family district that houses as many as 10 new facilities for kids.
The ship will feature six pools, 13 dining venues, a vibrant entertainment scene and lots of outdoor spaces, including a 341-foot-long promenade that enables panoramic ocean views. The result is what MSC calls “a vibrant cosmopolitan melting pot” and “a world of unique experiences on board, with a mix and variety of never-before-seen concepts and creative areas unlike anything at sea today.”
Where MSC World Europa sails
Home port: Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
Destinations: MSC World Europa is scheduled to debut in December 2022 in the Middle East with sailings that that include the United Arab Emirates, Abu Dhabi, Saudi Arabia (where it will visit Al Ahsa oasis, a UNESCO World Heritage site) and Qatar before embarking on Grand Voyages to such destinations as India.
In March 2023, the ship will reposition to the Mediterranean for a series of seven-night voyages to ports in Italy, France, Malta and Spain.
Introducing MSC World Europa
Here's a one-minute preview of the ship from MSC Cruises:
Just how big is MSC World Europa?
When it debuts, MSC World Europe won’t be the world’s biggest cruise ship, but it will be among the largest. At 22 decks, the ship will have four more decks than Royal Caribbean‘s Symphony of the Seas, the largest ship by tonnage — the official measure of "bigness." At 1,093 feet long, it will be the longest ship in the MSC Cruises fleet. And, depending on the sailing, Europa just may hold more passengers than any other ship, if you're game for sailing on a megaship. Use our Ship Discovery Tool to see the world's largest cruise ships currently at sea.
The ship will feature 13 dining venue, including six specialty restaurants. Announced dining venues for the ship include:
- La Brasserie Buffet: One of the complimentary buffet-style dining spots on board
- Chef’s Garden Kitchen: An eatery focused on microgreens
- Hola! Tacos & Cantina: This casual food dining concept offers a selection of Latin America and Mexican-inspired dishes and drinks to enjoy in a relaxed atmosphere.
- La Pescaderia: A traditional seafood grill with al fresco seating
- Butcher's Cut: An American-style steakhouse with a wide range selection of meat dishes and tasty desserts
- Kaito Sushi Bar: This stylish sushi eatery blends tradition and modernity, offering authentic Asian cuisine prepared on the spot with fresh ingredients.
- Kaito Teppanyaki Grill: Choose your spot at one of four cooking stations and watch the Japanese dishes prepared on an open grill.
Entertainment & activities
World Europa features six pools and 14 whirlpools, making it one of the most pool-covered ships at sea. One of the ship's signature features will be The Spiral, a dry slide that plunges 11 decks from near the top of the ship to the promenade area. (Yee-oww!) The long Y-shaped aft promenade will be half open to the sky and half-covered by an LED “sky screen” that lights up with different displays throughout the day.
Guests can also emoy the kind of high-quality, full-scale productions on stage that they have come to expect from MSC Cruises, as well as new immersive performance venues, including Luna Park Studio, a multifunctional venue with 300 seats and built to host a variety of performances and events.
Kids will enjoy the Aquapark with several waterslides that MSC Cruises said will integrate virtual reality technology. The MSC Kids Club features state-of-the-art facilities for kids with a dedicated area of the ship as well as a range of kids’ clubs and tailor-made programs designed for each age group. There's also a family sundeck.
And don't forget MSC Aurea Spa, one of the best at sea with more than 10,800 square feet to relax and rejuvenate. The Balinese-style spa includes a thermal area, gym, beauty salon and barber shop.
Bars & lounges
The ship offers a wide variety of bars, lounges and cafes to match any mood. We're looking forward to checking out the Masters of the Sea Pub, which spans two decks and represents MSC Cruises' introduction of a craft beer bar that serves beer made on board.
Other venues include:
- Zen Pool Bar
- Champagne Bar
- Elixir - Mixology Bar
- A widely stocked gin bar
- A South Asian-style tea room filled with perfumes from the East.
The ship features a total of 2,630 staterooms in 19 different categories — 65 percent of which have balconies.
Cabin categories include:
- Balcony suites and cabins that overlook the promenade
- Duplex MSC Yacht Club suites with large balconies and private hot tub as well as an open living/dining room area
- Aurea Suites with spacious balcony and a private whirlpool
- Infinite Ocean view cabins with a panoramic sliding window that turns into a glass balustrade when open.
MSC Yacht Club
The MSC Yacht Club, the cruise line's ship-within-a-ship VIP concept, offers guests a private experience including its own restaurant, lounge and bar, pool and more. Guests of MSC Yacht Club receive 24-hour butler service, complimentary drinks, free Wi-Fi, free access to the thermal suite in MSC Aurea Spa, and an abundance of all-inclusive amenities.
MSC World Europa is the first LNG-propelled ship in the MSC Cruises fleet and features a new generation wastewater treatment system as well other advanced environmental technology.
The LNG-powered engines provide for the following:
- 99% reduction of sulfur dioxide emissions
- 85% reduction of nitrogen oxide emissions
- 25% reduction in greenhouse gasses
- Major elimination of particulate matter in exhaust.
We'll update this article as MSC World Europa's debut draws nearer.
This will be the first of four sister ships scheduled to debut between 2022 and 2027 that will make up a new class for MSC Cruises called the MSC World Class.
Interested in a cruise on this ship?
Bookings are now open. For pricing, itinerary information and to reserve your spot on MSC World Europa, contact a Cruiseable travel consultant by email or call 1-877-322-3773.