On a cruise ship
CruiseClout score: 95.0
MSC Seaside: Now cruising the Caribbean
Swiss-based MSC Cruises launched the next-generation smart ship MSC Seaside in December 2017 to cruise the Caribbean following the launch of sister ship MSC Meraviglia in the Mediterranean in June 2017.
Here are some design highlights you'll find on MSC Seaside:
- The ship features an elegant design with innovative touches and revolutionary architecture, including bringing guests closer to the ocean for a memorable experience.
- With connecting inside and outside public areas, you'll find a waterfront promenade that wraps around the ship, offering a variety of places to shop, dine and sunbathe while panoramic elevators provide breathtaking sea views.
- The ship offers a large, interactive Aquapark at Sea. She will be the first cruise ship to feature slide boarding technology, combining a slide and an interactive game, ensuring fun for the entire family.
MSC Seaside will introduce a new generation of smart ships for MSC Cruises. New technical advances will include:
- Near Field Communication (NFC), using a cruise card, bracelet or smartphone for a range of different options including geo-location of children, stateroom access and onboard payment.
- Interactive screens to make it simple to select excursions as well as book shows and restaurants.
- iBeacon technology that is customized to each guests’ specific preferences so that they will never miss their favorite experiences and will be able to communicate with mobile devices and receive push notifications about relevant information and offers.
Who will like sailing on MSC Seaside
MSC Seaside will appeal to active cruise passengers looking for the latest and greatest in cruising as well as ships with cutting-edge technology. The ship appeals to both families with kids who like thrilling waterslides and tech-savvy younger cruisers who'll enjoy sharing their sun-splashed experiences on social media.
Where MSC Seaside sails
Home port: Miami
MSC Seaside will sail a wide range of itineraries in the Caribbean year-round. Bookings are now open.
Interested in a cruise on this ship?
Do you plan to cruise on MSC Seaside? What's the attraction?
Help improve this article. See anything wrong? What did we overlook? Be a co-creator!