On a cruise ship
Costa Serena: Inspired by Greek & Roman legends
Costa Serena is a ship inspired by classical legends such as Jupiter, Apollo, Bacchus, Clio. Design featuring serene colors and inspired by Greek and Roman mythology create an unrivaled ambience on this Costa Cruises ship. Innovative offerings include one of the largest spas at sea, an expansive pool deck extending over two decks with a retractable magrodome (sliding glass roof) and a Grand Prix race car driving simulator — the most accurate representation of Formula One driving available.
Dining & bars
- Five restaurants, including the Ceres Restaurant, Vesta Restaurant and Prometeo Restaurant Buffet. The Club Restaurant and the Samsara Restaurant are also available at an additional charge and by reservation only.
- 13 bars, including a Cognac & CigarBar and a Coffee & Chocolate Bar
- Giove Theater on three levels
- Grand Prix Simulator with single-seater racing car
- Pool deck with retractable glass roof and giant screen
- Internet Point
- Shopping Center
- Virtual World, Squok Club (kids club) with children’s pool
Spa & fitness
- Samsara Spa: a 65,000-square-foot spa on two levels, with a gym, baths, Thalassotherapy pool, treatment rooms, sauna, Turkish bath, UVA-raysolarium, and cabins and suites
- Five whirlpools
- Four pools, two with retractable covers
- Multipurpose sports pitch
- Outdoor jogging track
- Venus Beauty
- Fitness center/gym
- Lido Sole
- Lido Urano
- Lido Squok (kids club)
- Lido Iris
Bars & lounges
- Salone Luna
- Club Bacco
- Caffetteria Juventas
- Giano Casino
- Cupido Dance Lounge
- Pan Disco
- Atrium Pantheon — Pantheon Bar
- Apollo Grand Bar
- Classico Ercole Bar (Cognac & Cigar Bar)
- Minerva Piano Bar
- Sport Victoria Bar
- Scuderia Costa Bar
- Lido Sole Bar - Lido Urano Bar
The ship has 1,500 staterooms in total, including 87 cabins with direct access to the spa, 505 with a private balcony, 58 suites with a private balcony and 12 suites with direct access to the spa. Samsara Suites provide direct access to the Samsara Spa and Samsara Restaurant. Samsara staterooms and suites also include thoughtful amenities and luxurious appointments, a special Welcome Ritual consisting of a selection of regenerating treatments and the option of adding the Nirvana or Moksha Ceremony package.
How about you? Have you sailed on Costa Serena? We'd like to hear all about about your experience! Please share in the comments below.
See anything wrong? What did we overlook? Be a co-creator!