Orange County, CA
CruiseClout score: 20.0
Celebrity Solstice: One of Celebrity's most decorated ships
When Celebrity Cruises launched the new Solstice class of ships in 2008 (her sisters are Celebrity Eclipse, Celebrity Equinox, Celebrity Reflection and Celebrity Silhouette), Celebrity Solstice was a game changer. Some of her features like the Lawn Club, Hot Glass Show and the addition of new themed restaurants ushered in a new style of cruising on the premium cruise line.
Celebrity Solstice was the first cruise ship to present a half-acre Lawn Club complete with putting, bocce ball and picnics; the first to implement solar technology; and the first to present a live glassblowing show and studio. The Solstice Class fleet is truly guest inspired, and its unrivaled experiences continue to be heralded as offering a distinctive statement of hip style and high design, world-class cuisine and exceptional, anticipatory service.
Who will like sailing on Celebrity Solstice
As one of the more luxurious Celebrity ships at sea, guests can expect the best from this at-sea experience. If you love delicious food, contemporary interior design and fab service, then Celebrity Solstice is a good choice for your next cruise.
Where Celebrity Solstice sails
Celebrity Solstice sails in and around Australia, the South Pacific and North America. The cruise ship features cruise itineraries that range from seven to 18 nights. Some of the most popular countries that this cruise ship visits is New Zealand, Fiji, New Caledonia and Canada. Several of the South Pacific cruises depart out of Sydney.
Here's a 3½-minute video overview of activities aboard Celebrity Solstice from our friend Jason Leppert of PopularCruising.com.
Food & cuisine
Dining is an experience on Celebrity Solstice, where innovation and inspired onboard dining await. Discover tantalizing dishes, bites and snacks in the Main Restaurant, specialty restaurants, casual dining restaurants or at the buffet.
Your dining options include Main Dining (included in the cruise fare), held in the Main Restaurant, where you can choose a set time every night, or you can be more flexible with Celebrity Select Dining. There is also Casual Dining, which can be enjoyed in the Oceanview Café or Bistro on Five. For those of you who want to splurge a little, then try Specialty Dining, where each restaurant offers a unique culinary journey.
- Grand Epernay Dining Room: This is the luxurious main dining room of Celebrity Solstice. With a two-story glass wine tower and dazzling chandeliers, this quintessential dining area has a decidedly Hollywood aura. Serving savory world and continental cuisine, complete with Celebrity's famed European-style service, the restaurant serves up to 29 exquisite dishes, with most changing every night to give you a variety of classic and contemporary choices.
- Oceanview Café: This casual dining area includes a pasta bar, freshly made pizza, grilled steak, hamburgers and much more.
- The AquaSpa Café: On-the-go cruise passengers can choose from healthy alternatives that are quick and easy.
- Pool/Mast Grill: Eat delicious treats at the Pool/Mast Grill.
These alternative dining venues are available at an additional cost:
- Blu: The restaurant's "clean cuisine" menus put a fresh twist on your favorite dishes. As an AquaClass guest, you can enjoy Blu, your own exclusive restaurant for breakfast and dinner.
- Murano Restaurant: Prepare to indulge in a savory multicourse meal featuring a blend of classic and modern continental cuisines. A superb wine list accentuates your experience.
- Silk Harvest Restaurant: Enjoy the cuisines of Vietnam, Thailand, Japan, China and India, served family-style, with built-in lazy Susans and small plates perfect for sharing.
- Tuscan Grille Restaurant: Grab a steak at this Italian restaurant that offers the ultimate grill experience.
- Bistro on Five: The stylish eatery serves up crepes, paninis, salads and desserts.
- Cafe al Bacio and Galateria: The European-style cafe offers Lavazza coffee, freshly baked pastries and specialty gelato.
Also, if you have a special diet, make sure to tell your travel consultant because Celebrity Cruises will accommodate many different kinds of dietary needs including vegetarian, kosher, no-sugar-added desserts, food allergies and other dietary needs. (They just need advance warning.)Because specialty dining is very popular, you might miss out on getting a reservation if you wait to book when you get on the ship. One way around this predicament is to purchase a Specialty Dining Package ahead of time.
Bars & lounges
Not to miss are the delicious samplings mixed just for you at the Martini Bar & Crush, which is an ice-topped bar, or Michael's Club, which pours fine whiskeys, scotches, cognacs and bourbons. If you are a wine aficionado, then taste some wine at Cellar Masters, where you can try the state-of-the-art Enomatic wine-by-the-glass dispensing system. You can also head to Cosmos Lounge at the observation lounge for dancing and a libation.
Tip: Inquire about prepaid drinks packages to get extra savings on your favorite beverages. Pay one set price to enjoy a wide variety of beverages, including cocktails, premium coffees, wine by the glass, endless refills of sodas featuring Coca-Cola products and unlimited bottled water.
Ships on higher decks closer to the mid-ship position tend to fetch higher prices. For those prone to motion sickness, I suggest you stay in the middle of the ship on the lowest deck that you feel comfortable with. Make sure to ask your cruise consultant for more details.
- Celebrity’s eXhale bedding experience awaits, as each stateroom and suite comes equipped with the modern and luxurious Reverie mattress. The patented airflow design circulates air through the mattress while you sleep. All staterooms and suites will also receive custom-embroidered linens: Egyptian cotton sateen weave.
- Direct-dial telephone and voice mail
- Individual safe
- Thermostat-controlled air conditioning
- 100% cotton towels
- Complimentary use of terry-cloth robes
These spa-inspired staterooms feature indulgent amenities like a Hansgrohe shower tower and custom-blended bath products to help you feel restored and renewed. An AquaClass Spa Concierge can help you arrange all your spa appointments, and you will have complimentary access to the relaxing Persian Garden. Plus, AquaClass passengers get exclusive access to the Blu restaurant serving breakfast and dinner.
Ready to enjoy some pampering? Use the services of your very own Celebrity Personal Concierge who is available to handle all your cruise details—from making special dinner reservations to recommending spa services to knowing if you like Perrier Jouet with two crystal flutes delivered to your room at sunset.
The Personal Concierge service is available to all guests, and the service can only be arranged once you get on board. The only charge associated with the service is the items or services purchased. Tipping the Personal Concierge is up to you, but gratuity is appreciated.
- Celebrity Cruises offers three Broadway-caliber production shows per night. Guests seated at the first dining (6:15 pm) can attend the early show, while guests seated at the second dining (8:30 pm) can attend the late show. In the ship's intimate lounges and night clubs, guests can find a parade of talented comics, song stylists and musicians.
- The disco is available for guests 18 and up. If you have kids between the ages of 13 and 17, there is also a teen disco.
- Duty-free shopping is a fun option when the ship is at sea.
- Watch first-run movies on your stateroom TV.
- Explore the port on your own or on an organized shore excursion.
- Participate in special events such as get-togethers for honeymooners and singles or special theme parties.
Inspired by the vineyards of Napa Valley, Cellar Masters brings to life the experience of a global wine tour while you learn about and taste a large variety of wines from around the world. A welcoming and unique onboard environment, you'll discover new wines, receive recommendations and enrich your knowledge of the world of wine.
Sky Observation Lounge
Don't look back, look forward and be amazed by the breathtaking views. The floor-to-ceiling windows in the Sky Observation Lounge will captivate you, and the expansive space will please you as you relax in the comfy seating all around. The lounge is versatile and can be transformed to suit any occasion.
Carrie Finley-Bajak sailed on Celebrity Solstice on a press/blogger trip as a guest of Celebrity Cruises. See Cruiseable's Ethics & Disclosure policy.
Have you cruised on Celebrity Solstice? What was the highlight? I'd love to hear about your experience or see any photos you took.
Help improve this article. See anything wrong? What did we overlook? Be a co-creator!
Interested in a cruise on this ship?
Top highlights on this ship
- Family-friendly cruising: Kids love the special areas designed just for them, and parents love the supervised kids clubs
- Relax at Canyon Ranch SpaClub.
- Sample fine wines from around the world at Cellar Masters wine bar.
- Get your country club on at the Lawn Club.