On a cruise ship
CruiseClout score: 95.0
Celebrity Silhouette: Showing off her cosmopolitan style
You have another outstanding option for cruising Europe and the Caribbean with Celebrity Silhouette. In 2011, Celebrity Silhouette joined the Celebrity Cruises fleet. Some of the highlights on the ship include the Lawn Club Grill, The Porch, The Alcoves, The Art Studio, The Hideaway and the overall cosmopolitan style that has become synonymous with the Solstice-class ships. Celebrity Silhouette features everything from specialty dining venues that rival the best upscale spots on land to a host of hip, enriching onboard programs.
Who will like sailing on Celebrity Silhouette
Celebrity Silhouette is designed for discerning cruise passengers, as it features modern, sophisticated environments, impeccable service, enriching and inspiring onboard programs, and world-class cuisine. On board the Celebrity Silhouette, cruise passengers will be able to escape from their busy life and relax at sea.
Where Celebrity Silhouette sails
Celebrity Silhouette sails in and around North America, Europe and the Caribbean. The cruise ship features cruise itineraries that range from seven to 17 nights. Some of the most popular countries that this cruise ship visits is Spain, Italy, Sweden, Finland, Ireland and Canada.
Food & cuisine
One of the hallmarks of sailing on a Celebrity Cruises ship is the cuisine. There are always a wide variety of options available either in the venues that are included in your cruise fare or at one of the specialty dining options.
You can expect contemporary menus created by a James Beard-featured chef that offer a balance of classic favorites and global tastes.
Your dining options include Main Dining (included in the cruise fare), held in the main restaurant, where you can choose a set time every night, or you can be more flexible with Celebrity Select Dining. There is also Casual Dining, which can be enjoyed in the Oceanview Café or Bistro on Five. For those of you who want to splurge a little, then try Specialty Dining, where each restaurant offers a unique culinary journey.
- Grand Cuvee Dining Room: Bring the camera to take a photo of the wine tower that houses over 1,800 bottles.
- Oceanview Café: This 24-hour buffet offers casual dining.
- The AquaSpa Café: On-the-go cruise passengers will want to eat at this cafe, which serves healthy alternatives that are quick and easy.
- Blu: Serving AquaSpa guests breakfast and dinner, the restaurant features "clean cuisine." (If space is available, then other guests can partake for a nominal fee.)
These alternative dining venues are available at an additional cost:
- Qsine: A $45 charge applies, but the meal is well worth it. Plus, the iPad menu makes dining fun and interactive.
- Murano: The French-continental cuisine at Murano is served along a superb wine list. For $89 per person, you can purchase the Five Senses package, a five-course meal with a wine-pairing menu.
- Tuscan Grill: A dinner at the Italian steakhouse will set you back $35, but the delicious steaks will melt in your mouth.
- Lawn Club Grill: Nothing says summer like a grilled-to-order meal from Lawn Club Grill. The $40 is well worth it.
- The Porch: For just $5, this restaurant is an affordable breakfast and lunch option.
- Bistro on Five: The stylish eatery serves up crepes, paninis, salads and desserts for just $7.
Because specialty dining is very popular, you might miss out on getting a reservation if you wait to book when you get on the ship. One way around this predicament is to purchase one of the cruise line's Specialty Dining Packages ahead of time.
Also, if you have a special diet, make sure to tell your travel consultant because Celebrity Cruises accommodates many different kinds of dietary needs including vegetarian, kosher, no-sugar-added desserts, food allergies and other dietary needs. (They just need advance warning.)
More cool places on Celebrity Reflection
The Alcoves is a cool, cabana-style private retreat on The Lawn Club for two to four guests. By day, it features filtered sunlight and breathtaking ocean views. By night, ambient lighting for drama and star status. A la carte foods and beverages arrive in picnic baskets. Alcoves are even equipped with Wi-Fi, but a rental fee applies.
The Art Studio
This new venue on The Lawn Club features intimate, hands-on instruction from resident experts in drawing, painting, beading, drink mixology, culinary lessons, taste tests and chef-prepared dinners.
A retreat where you will find a quiet spot to disconnect, rest and relax. Read a book, listen to music, do a crossword puzzle or explore your new iPad purchased from the Celebrity iLounge. You can even escape into your own private "treehouse."
Enhanced with a cozy wraparound bar, this club features high-top seating with bar stools and low-top seating in plush banquettes. A selection of craft beers has been added to the menu, expanding the club's diverse offerings, which already include a collection of fine whiskeys, scotches, cognacs and bourbons.
Help improve this article. See anything wrong? What did we overlook? Be a co-creator!
Interested in a cruise on this ship?
Top highlights on this ship
- Celebrity's iconic Lawn Club
- Take a painting class with a Master Artist at The Art Studio
- Enjoy the flavorful joys of outdoor grilling at the interactive Lawn Club Grill
- Dine at Qsine where you order food and wine from an iPad menu
- Sample one of the 50 international craft beers in the enhanced Michael's Club
- Dine in one of the ship's 10 restaurants (complimentary or available at an additional cost)