On a cruise ship
Celebrity Apex: Innovative, state-of-the-art sailings
The 2,910-passenger Celebrity Apex, along with its nearly identical sister ship Celebrity Edge, offers groundbreaking design and cutting-edge spaces unlike anything else at sea.
Sip cocktails, socialize or dine on the Magic Carpet, a cantilever platform on the side of the ship set five to 13 stories above sea level that allows passengers to feel like they are floating above the sea. Unwind in the widest range of staterooms in the Celebrity Cruises fleet, from Infinite Verandas to two-story Edge Villas to jaw-dropping Iconic Suites.
When you want some private time, suite guests can head to The Retreat, a spacious outdoor lounge area with a full-size pool and bar, concierge service, a lounge open 24/7 and a dedicated restaurant. The Resort Deck features a large lap pool flanked by sculptural trees and two martini glass shaped whirlpools that overlook the deck below. Explore the Rooftop Garden by day and especially by night, when the giant LED screen springs to life.
Dining offers a wealth of choices, beginning with four complimentary main restaurants, each with a distinctive design and signature dishes inspired by specific regions of the world, as well as several superb specialty restaurants. New technologies even make an appearance at Le Grand Bistro — before your meals arrive, animated characters will appear on your table to show you how your meal is prepared.
Download the Celebrity Cruises app before you depart; it has everything you need to keep your cruise experience on course. Start with expedited boarding, access the muster training from within the comfort of your room, and book dining and excursions with just a tap.
Where Celebrity Apex sails
Sail to Greece, Cyprus and Israel in summer months and the Caribbean in winter.
Dining choices on Celebrity Apex
Guests have four main restaurants to choose from at no extra charge:
- Cosmpolitan Restaurant features cuisine described as new American with global influences.
- Normandie Restaurant features contemporary French cuisine in a modern, upscale, refined atmosphere that evokes the romance of springtime in Paris
- Cyprus Restaurant evokes a Mediterranean palette, with a clean, unfussy decor and seafood dishes inspired by the food and beverages of the region.
- Tuscan Restaurant features dishes hailing from southern Italy, featuring all homemade pastas prepared with a rustic flare.
The seven specialty restaurants on board include:
- Magic Carpet, when positioned on deck 5, transforms into a casual, open-air restaurant with a menu that features seafood, sushi rolls and cocktails.
- Eden Restaurant is less a dining venue than an experience, with an open kitchen, innovative appetizers, entrées and desserts all served in a sprawling three-deck space.
- Fine Cut Steakhouse offers a wide selection of choice cuts of meat and premium seafood in a warm, inviting setting with rich ruby, amber and gold design elements.
- Le Grand Bistro evokes the sights and scents of a bustling boulangerie-patisserie.
- Le Petit Chef and Family blends dining with entertainment with animated characters that appear next to your plate and comment on the dish preparations.
- Raw on 5 offers an abundance of oysters, crab, and lobsters to choose from as well as shrimp salad, lobster roll and sushi and sashimi.
- Rooftop Garden Grill is all about the setting: fresh ocean breezes and open sky with wait staff serving gourmet backyard BBQ favorites.
Two restaurants exclusive to The Retreat and AquaClass guests are Luminae at the Retreat, featuring menus that change daily, and Blu, featuring inventive cuisine complemented by an extensive list of sustainable and bio-dynamic wines.
Top highlights on this ship
- The reimagined Resort Deck has a sophisticated vibe with a pool and bar that resemble a 5-star resort in Miami Beach
- Fun sea day activities like the tabletop maze in the Club, puzzles in Eden and outdoor options in the Rooftop Garden
- The you'll-have-to-see-it-to-believe-it Magic Carpet
- The SEA Thermal Suite offers 8 unique experiences, from the typical sauna or Turkish baths to the exotic waterfall shower, salt room and float room