On a cruise ship
CruiseClout score: 95.0
Carnival Legend: Photo tour & overview
Following the success of the Carnival Spirit, Carnival Cruise Lines' 2,124-passenger Carnival Legend underwent a major dry-dock refurbishment in February 2014 and then moved to Australia. Carnival Legend is the second Carnival ship to feature the Green Thunder at-sea water slide and while she pays tribute to some of the most enduring legends throughout the ages, she still features classic Carnival Legend favorites.
Where Carnival Legend sails
Carnival Legend now cruises in and around Australia.
- Truffles Restaurant: There is always a table reserved for you in the elegant Truffles Restaurant's two levels where you can savor delicious gourmet cuisine and spectacular ocean views.
- The Golden Fleece: This is an intimate, reservations-only supper club, complete with its own bandstand, bar and dance floor.
- Unicorn Cafe: If you're in the mood for dining in a less formal atmosphere, the Unicorn Cafe features bistro-style cuisine and amazing ocean views.
- Bonsai Sushi: Dine amidst expertly-pruned bonsai trees while enjoying sit-down service and an affordable sushi menu plus soups, sides, sakes and desserts.
Entertainment & activities
Entertainment and activities on the Carnival Legend range from two pools (Camelot and Avalon) to the Club Merlin Casino. Music lovers who go for the classics will love Billie’s Piano Bar and kids can meet new friends at one of three supervised youth areas. Adults can choose to get lost in a good book, or just one another’s company, at the legendarily kid-free Serenity Adult Only Area, or dance the night away at Medusa’s Lair Dance Club.
Bars & lounges
- Dream Team Sports Bar: No need to miss the big game. Head to the Dream Team Sports Bar to watch your favorite sports on one of the multiple screens.
- Billie's Piano Bar: This onboard piano bar is one of the most popular nightspots. Spend the evening singing along to all your favorite songs.
- RedFrog Pub: If you’re looking to discover new legends, flip directly to the RedFrog Pub, featuring not only a mythical mascot, but actual drinks — plus Caribbean atmosphere by the gallon.
Eighty percent of the vessel's staterooms have ocean views and 80% of those have private balconies.
How about you? Have you sailed on Carnival Legend? We'd like to hear about your experience!
Help improve this article. See anything wrong? What did we overlook? Be a co-creator!
Interested in a cruise on this ship?
Top highlights on this ship
- Green Thunder at-sea water slide
- A majority of staterooms feature ocean views and balconies
- Kid-free Serenity Adult Only Area