On a cruise ship
CruiseClout score: 95.0
American Pride: River cruising in the Pacific Northwest
Designed to navigate the Columbia and Snake rivers of the Pacific Northwest, American Pride from American Cruise Lines takes you on a riverboat journey through nature, history and local culture. The ship holds up to 150 passengers. Look for an intimate atmosphere on board, personal service, well-appointed staterooms and plenty of space to take in the majestic places and lectures about the destinations visited.
In addition to the impressive scenery, American Pride's chefs prepare meals that are tailored specifically to the Pacific Northwest region.
Who will like sailing on American Pride?
American Pride will appeal to those who love the idea of small ship cruising in the Pacific Northwest. American Cruise Lines attracts an older demographic, and often the elevator on board is a big draw.
Where American Pride sails
American Pride offers mostly 7- and 10-night sailings up the Columbia and Snake rivers, starting in Portland, Ore.
Dining & public rooms
The American Pride features six lounges and a number of other guest spaces designed with comfort in mind. Complimentary cocktail hour in the large Natchez Lounge is a guest favorite before dinner and in the evening you can expect always music or a presentation from a resident expert. Other public rooms include the Magnolia Lounge, Paddlewheel Lounge, the cozy Mark Twain Library and Chart Room.
The culinary team prepares each traditional menu with a regional flair and is prepared to handle any dietary request. The Grand Dining Room is large enough to accommodate all guests in one seating, so you can dine whenever and with whomever you please. Beverages, snacks and pastries are available throughout the day in the Top Deck Café.
- Floor to ceiling sliding glass doors lead to comfortable private balconies
- Complimentary room service
- High tea served in the afternoon
- Elevators to all decks
- Exercise area and putting green
- Authentic paddlewheel
American Pride has 77 staterooms. Of these, 65 have private balconies. All have private baths, windows, wi-fi and interior entrances.
All staterooms and suites on decks 3 and 4 feature sliding glass doors to access private balconies, allowing you to experience great scenery from the privacy of your stateroom as the American Pride makes her way down the river.
Here are the cabin types:
- Owner's Suite: The most spacious suites on the Columbia and Snake Rivers at 445 square feet, the Owner’s Suite features tasteful room décor and a private walk-out balcony complete with chairs and table. It includes ample closest space, a cozy seating area and full-size bathrooms.
- AAR (Private Balcony): Exclusive to the American Pride, the 304-square-foot staterooms on deck 2 feature modern comforts such as premium bed linens, hotel size bathrooms and your own private balcony.
- AAC (Private Balcony): Located on deck 4, these 304-square-foot staterooms have everything you could want in a premium category stateroom. Enjoy expansive panoramic views, floor-to-ceiling sliding glass doors and your own private walk-out balcony.
- AAL (Private Balcony): On deck 3 you'll find the AAL luxury suites, which provide a quiet sanctuary and 304 square feet of space. Each of these elegant staterooms is similar to fine hotel rooms and feature full sliding glass doors and a private walk-out balcony complete with table and chairs.
- A: Comfortable and functional, category A staterooms offer 290 square feet of space. The cabins feature two twin beds or one king size bed, a comfortable seating area and a large picture window that opens.
- Single (Private Balcony): Perfect for the solo traveler at 230 total square feet, American Pride's Single staterooms feature twin size beds, spacious bathrooms and a floor-to-ceiling sliding glass door that opens to your own private balcony.
- Single: With spacious room and convenient amenities, the Single suites offer individuals the chance to retire to a comfortable getaway. Enjoy twin size beds, large private viewing windows and bathrooms with plenty of room.
Have you sailed on American Pride? Please share a story, tip or discovery. What was the highlight? We would love to hear about your experience — please share!
Help improve this article! See anything wrong? What did we overlook? Be a co-creator!
Interested in a cruise on this ship?