On a cruise ship
AmaVida: Grand river cruising on Portugal's Douro River
Sailing on the Douro River in Portugal, AmaWaterways' grand 106-passenger vessel, the AmaVida, features balconies in the majority of its staterooms and suites, which are spacious with the largest at 323 sq. ft.
Foodies will will enjoy fine dining in the main dining room, plus al fresco dining for up to 32 guests. AmaVida also features a sun deck swimming pool, fitness center and spa, complimentary in-stateroom Internet access on a 42-inch flat-screen TV and ship-wide Wi-Fi.
Who will like sailing on AmaVida
AmaVida offers wine-themed cruises for those with discerning palettes, but you don't have to love wine to love the luxury of this river cruise experience.
Where AmaVida sails
AmaVida sails through the Douro River Valley with itineraries that include overnights in both Libson and Madrid.
Gourmet dining on the AmaVida brings you sophisticated cuisine with attentive service, plus a casual al fresco dining option. Enjoy culinary masterpieces and free-flowing local wines at dinner, while surrounded by the Douro River Valley.
After dinner, there's a variety of entertainment as different performers come on board each night.
- Sun deck offering unimpeded panoramic views and lounge chairs
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout the vessel
- 24-hour specialty coffee & tea station
- Main lounge with bar & piano
- Massage spa
- Elevator reaching all three stateroom decks
- Fitness room
- Heated pool
- All outside staterooms with balconies for a majority of the staterooms
- Extra spacious suites are 333 sq. ft. with balcony
- Balcony staterooms are 215 sq. ft. with panoramic window staterooms, which are 161 sq. ft.
- In-room safe, hair dryer, ample closet space and wireless telephone
- Suites feature a sitting area with sofa
- All staterooms have complimentary Internet access and Wi-Fi
- 42-inch flat-screen televisions in every stateroom
- Hotel-style white on white, plush bedding and terry bathrobes
- Full marble bathrooms
- Complimentary bottled water replenished daily
- Individually controlled air-conditioning
Top highlights on this ship
- Balconies in the majority of its spacious staterooms and suites
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
- Full marble bathrooms
- Sun deck pool with river views
Top dining options on board
“Specially designed for River Douro cruises, AmaVida features elegant interior decor. A river ship highly praised for its fine regional cuisine and top standards.”