On a cruise ship
CruiseClout score: 95.0
AmaSonata: Spacious, purpose-built river cruise experience
AmaWaterways' AmaSonata debuted in July 2014 and was designed with most advanced features available for river cruise vessels. This 164-passenger vessel is the sister ship to AmaCerto and features the line's signature "Twin Balconies" in most staterooms. The accommodations are spacious and measure 210 to 235 sq. ft., with four suites measuring 350 sq. ft.
Passengers will enjoy gourmet dining with free-flowing fine wines at multiple onboard dining venues, a heated sun deck swimming pool with a swim-up bar, fitness center, spa, complimentary ship-wide Wi-Fi, in-room "Infotainment" system and a fleet of bicycles for passengers to enjoy on-land adventures.
Who will like sailing on AmaSonata
Discerning travelers looking for a luxurious all-inclusive cruise experience on Europe's Danube river.
Where AmaSonata sails
Home port: Amsterdam
Destinations: AmaSonata sails the Danube and Rhine waterways. Consider a Tulip Time cruise to see the Netherlands and Belgium in springtime.
Dining & cuisine
AmaSonata offers an array of dining options. Enjoy Chaine des Ro'tisseurs culinary creations in the main dining room or in the Chef's Table restaurant with its own private chef, two wine bar venues, plus a casual al fresco bistro. On select days, guests can enjoy a lunch outdoors on the Sun Deck.
Small group excursions
Set your own pace on shore excursions and enjoy the full attention of your guide. Enjoy complimentary small group shore excursions.
Additional ship features
- Sun decks with lounge chairs and retractable roof
- Main Lounge with with bar, piano and dance floor
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout the vessel
- 24-hour specialty coffee and tea station
- Heated pool with swim-up bar and whirlpool
- Gift shop and fireside library
- Fitness room
- Massage and hair salon
- Bicycles on board
- Glass elevator
- Walking track
- Wine bar
- "Twin Balconies" are 235 and 210 sq. ft. and French Balcony Staterooms are 170 sq. ft.
- In-room safe, hair dryer, full-length mirror, ample closet space and direct dial telephone
- Flat-screen TVs with local and satellite channels
- Hotel-style white on white, plush bedding and terry bathrobes
- Spacious bathrooms with multi-jet showerheads
- Complimentary bottled water replenished daily
- Extra sitting area in Suites featuring a sofa and two chairs
- Suites have large bathroom with a bathtub and separate shower
How about you? Have you sailed on AmaSonata? We'd like to hear about your experience!
Help improve this article. See anything wrong? What did we overlook? Be a co-creator!
Interested in a cruise on this ship?
Top highlights on this ship
- All outside staterooms feature the distinctive "Twin Balcony" concept
- All staterooms have AmaWaterways' Infotainment system, including complimentary Internet access, first run Hollywood movies and music library
- Multiple outdoor decks offering panoramic views
“AmaSonata is set to be chic, with high-quality appointment and delightful interior décor. Expect excellent cuisine and good service in a stylish, contemporary river ship.”