On a cruise ship
AmaPrima: Yacht-inspired cruising through Europe
This 162-passenger AmaPrima from AmaWaterways incorporates the most advanced design offering spacious staterooms with twin balconies, multiple dining venues, a heated pool, Wi-Fi access and more.
Inspired by classic ocean yachts, AmaPrima offers unique design elements, including a magnificent glass elevator. Another crowd favorite is the heated Sun Deck swimming pool with a swim-up bar.
Who will like sailing on AmaPrima
Discerning travelers looking for a luxurious all-inclusive river cruising experience through Europe.
Where AmaPrima sails
Home port: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Destinations: AmaPrima sails through Europe, chiefly along the Rhine and Danube, including a 14-day cruise from Amsterdam to Budapest, Hungary.
Dining & cuisine
AmaPrima offers an array of dining options. Enjoy Chaine des Rotisseurs culinary creations in the main dining room or in the Chef's Table restaurant with its own private chef, two wine bars or a casual al fresco bistro. On select days, guests can enjoy a lunch outdoors on the Sun Deck. You will enjoy classic dishes and regionally inspired cuisine made with fresh, locally sourced ingredients.
Complimentary bicycles & bike tours
AmaWaterways originated the concept of putting bicycles aboard river cruise ships in Europe. The idea sprung from the fact that so many of Europe's rivers are lined with paths that are perfect for pedaling. The bicycles give you the freedom to venture out and explore the riverside bikeways. Or, meander through quaint cobblestone streets. The bikes are set up and ready for use as soon as the ship docks.
Massage & beauty
As you sail through Europe's most beautiful and tranquil scenery, why not take the opportunity to pamper yourself? Enjoy the services of an onboard hair stylist, masseuse and beauty therapist at your disposal for the duration of the cruise.
Small group excursions
Set your own pace on shore excursions and enjoy the full attention of your guide. The complimentary small group shore excursions provide a world-class land tour in every destination.
More onboard features
- Sun Deck with lounge chairs and retractable roof
- Main lounge with bar, piano and dance floor
- 24-hour specialty coffee and tea station
- Heated pool with swim-up bar and whirlpool
- Gift shop and fireside library
- Fitness room
- Massage and hair salon
- Bicycles onboard
- Glass elevator
- Walking track
- Wine bar
After dinner, enjoy engaging evening entertainment as different performers come on board each night.
- "Twin Balconies" are 235 and 210 sq. ft. and French Balcony Staterooms are 170 sq. ft.
- In-room safe, hair dryer, full-length mirror, ample closet space and direct dial telephone
- All staterooms have AmaWaterways' exclusive "Infotainment" system, including complimentary Internet access, first run Hollywood movies and a music library
- Flat-screen TVs with local and satellite channels
- Hotel-style white on white, plush bedding and terry bathrobes
- Complimentary bottled water replenished daily
- Individually controlled air conditioning
- Spacious Suites are 350 sq. ft. with "Twin Balcony" and mini bar
- Sitting area in Suites featuring a sofa and two chairs
- Suites have expansive bathroom with a bathtub and separate shower
How about you? Have you sailed on AmaPrima? We'd like to hear about your cruise!
Help improve this article. See anything wrong? What did we overlook? Be a co-creator!
Interested in a cruise on this ship?
For pricing, itinerary information and to reserve your spot on AmaPrima, contact Cruiseable's travel consultants by email or by calling 1-877-322-3773.
Top highlights on this ship
- Multiple outdoor decks offering panoramic views
- All outside staterooms with the distinctive "Twin Balcony" concept for majority of staterooms
- Spacious bathrooms with multi-jet showerheads
- Complimentary and unlimited fine wine, beer and soft drinks with every lunch and dinner
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout the vessel
“Outstanding cuisine and high standards characterize this comfortable river ship. Comfortable restaurant, impressive wines, tasty food and good wines. AmaWaterways knows how to do it right, and it shows.”