Considering a world cruise for 2016 or 2017? Better hurry, they book up fast! Here's a guide to the different kinds of world cruises on tap for the next two years. (See Patti's accompanying article, Is a world cruise right for you?)
If you're thinking about a world cruise, you'll want to make sure you wind up on a ship that suits your personality and comfort level, so make sure you talk with a travel expert who knows her stuff.
If you book through Cruiseable, we'll provide a $500 shipboard credit per stateroom, the equivalent of free spending money on board.
Silversea offers world cruises aboard Silver Whisper, as well as long voyages on other ships in the Silversea fleet. Here is Whisper's drool-worthy 2016 world cruise — contact us for information about this or other sailings.
Ship: Silver Whisper
Length: 115 days
Itinerary: Begins in Fort Lauderdale on Jan. 5, 2016, heads west, and ends in Venice on April 30, 2016.
Ports of call: The far-reaching cultural exploration will cross six continents and stop at 51 destinations in 31 countries with 13 multi-day port calls along the way, plus many late-night departures. Of course, you can choose to take just part of the voyage, too.
The epic voyage will follow a westward path from Fort Lauderdale through the Panama Canal to South America and the Pacific. Guests will explore the island paradises of the South Seas, including Easter Island, Pitcairn Island, Tahiti and Bora Bora before sailing to the most desirable destinations of New Zealand, Australia and Asia, including vibrant Hong Kong and Singapore, the enticing resorts of Bali and Phuket, and mysterious Myanmar. The odyssey will continue to exotic India, Dubai and timeless Mediterranean hideaways before concluding with two nights in magnificent Venice.
Fares begin at $59,950 per guest. Contact a Cruiseable travel advocate to receive special amenities.
2017 world cruise
On January 6, 2017, Silver Whisper will begin her next epic world cruise, sailing from San Francisco to 62 destinations in 25 countries in 116 days and ending in Monte Carlo.
Crystal offers world cruises on Crystal Serenity for 2016-2017 and both Serenity and Crystal Symphony starting in 2018. Both vessels are two of the top luxury cruise ships in the world and are consistently rated the world's best luxury ships by the readers of Travel + Leisure.
Ship: Crystal Serenity
Length: 102 days
Itinerary: Round-trip voyage departing San Francisco on January 24, 2016, returning on May 6.
2016 World Cruise highlights:
- Six double overnight stays in Sydney, Australia; Bali, Indonesia; Singapore; Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam; Shanghai and Beijing, China.
- Four single overnights in Honolulu, USA; Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia; Hong Kong, China; and Tokyo, Japan.
- Three maiden calls to less-frequented and little-known places including Mystery Island, Vanuatu; Mare Island, New Caledonia, and Fukuoka, Japan.
- Additional stops in the Great Barrier Reef, Australia, Fiji, Samoa, Bangkok, Tokyo, Kodiak, Anchorage, Juneau and Ketchikan, Alaska, and Vancouver.
- A complimentary 3-night overland Beijing tour to see the Forbidden City, Temple of Heaven, Tiananmen Square, Great Wall and more, hosted by English-speaking escort and inclusive of accommodations, meals, transportation, admissions, porterage and gratuities.
Fares: Starting at $36,625 per person. Book by December 30, 2015 for $4,550 per person additional savings, plus $1,000 in onboard spending money. Contact a Cruiseable travel advocate to receive special amenities.
Serenity's Southern Celebracíon: World Cruise 2017
Ship: Crystal Serenity
Length: 94 days
Itinerary: Round-trip voyage departing from Miami on January 11, 2017, returning on May 6.
Details: This voyage features one of Crystal's most comprehensive itineraries to date, focusing on the metropolitan cities, quaint villages, less-visited islands and up-and-coming destinations of South America and the Caribbean – plus the first World Cruise visit to Antarctica in a decade.
Fares: Cruiseable will provide you with $1,000 in onboard credits — the equivalent of spending money — in addition to the usual free drinks and gratuities in this all-inclusive voyage if you book through a Cruiseable travel advocate. Substantial savings if booked by December 31, 2015.
In 2018 (yes, Crystal sailings book up years in advance), look for world cruises on Crystal Symphony as well as Crystal Serenity, including a unique world cruise on both ships! Contact a Cruiseable travel advocate for itinerary details and special pricing.
Regent Seven Seas
Regent Seven Seas Cruises is known for luxury, all-inclusive cruises. This round the world extravaganza on the sleek Seven Seas Navigator includes first-class air, all the visas needed for your travel, unlimited laundry and dry cleaning and medical care on board. Regent Seven Seas also includes unlimited shore excursions in every port. So enjoy the Dubai Sahara Experience and the Gala in Monte Carlo.
Length: 128 days
Ship: Seven Seas Navigator
Itinerary: Departs Miami January 5, 2017, returns May 13, 2017 and visits 6 continents, 31 countries, 62 ports, 29 UNESCO World Heritage sites and includes 6 overnights stays.
Navigate the World highlights:
- Pacific Island ports: Honolulu, Lahaina, Nuka Hiva, Papeete, Bora Bora, Pago Pago and Suva
- Asia: Bali, Phuket, Rangoon, Goa, Mumbai
- Middle East: Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Luxor, Jerusalem
- Europe: Rome, Monte Carlo, Provence, Barcelona, Lisbon, Seville
Fares: Deluxe Window Suite from $56,999 per person; Penthouse Suite from $73,999 per person; Master Suite from $159,999 per person.
2017 World Cruise
Seven Seas Navigator will begin its next Grand Voyage on January 5, 2017. 2-for-1 fares from $54,999 include $15,595 in Early Booking Savings and special amenities if you book through a Cruiseable travel advocate. Shorter options include Miami to Auckland, New Zealand, with 2-for-1 fares from $18,199 (with $2,699 in Early Booking Savings) or Miami to Singapore with 2-for-1 fares from $30,999 (with $6,698 in Early Booking Savings).
The romance of world travel is captured in this offering by 5-star Oceania Cruises. Instead of Around the world in 80 days, spend 6 months seeing the world, experiencing many cultures and meeting new people. You'll cruise through the Panama Canal, visit four Central American ports, and four ports of call in Brazil to get you started.
Length: 180 days
Itinerary: Departs Miami January 4, 2016, returns July 1, 2016
Around the World in 180 Days highlights:
- Caribbean: Aruba, Curacao, Bonaire, Martinique, Grenada, Saint Lucia, Barbados, Trinidad and Tobago
- Africa: Togo, Benin, Angola, Namibia, South Africa, Mozambique, Madagascar, Tanzania, Kenya
- Asia: India, Myanmar, Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam, China, South Korea, Japan
- Pacific: Australia, New Zealand, Samoa, French Polynesia
Fares: Inside Stateroom from $39,999 per person; Veranda Stateroom from $59,999 per person; Owner's Suite from $121,999 per person. Contact a Cruiseable travel advocate to receive special amenities.
Sail four oceans while taking in the wonders of the world. Join storied Holland America Line on the ms Amsterdam for a grand voyage that visits the great cities of the world such as Sydney, Hong Kong, Dubai, Athens, Rome and Barcelona. Visit cultural sites on five continents during a 115-day sailing.
Length: 115 days
Itinerary: Departs Fort Lauderdale January 5, 2016, returns to Fort Lauderdale on May 15, 2017. Global circumnavigation encompasses five continents, four oceans, two legendary canals and more than 45 ports.
Grand World Voyage highlights:
- South Pacific ports: Nuku Hiva, Rangiroa, Raratonga
- New Zealand and Australian ports: Bay of Islands, Aukland, Picton, Melbourne, Sydney, Cairns and Darwin.
- Asia: Indonesia, Hong Kong, Vietnam, Cambodia, Singapore, Thailand and Sri Lanka.
- Middle East: Dubai, Oman, Jordan, Israel
Fares: Interior cabin from $16,999 per person; Vista Suite from $41,599 per person; Neptune Suite from $77,999 per person. Contact a Cruiseable travel advocate to receive special amenities.
Seabourn doesn't do world cruises all in one jaunt, but it comes close. Here's a two-month sailing aboard what some consider the world's best cruise ship, Seabourn Quest, through some of the primo ports along the coasts of North America and South America, along with Caribbean destinations and landings in Antarctica (weather conditions permitting).
Length: 59 days
Ship: Seabourn Quest
Itinerary: Departs Montreal on October 21, 2016. Ends in Valparaiso (Santiago), Chile on December 19, 2016.
Three Continents Explorations highlights:
- North America: Quebec City and St. John, Canada, Charleston, South Carolina
- Caribbean: Jost van Dyke, British Virgin Islands, St. Bart's, Guadeloupe, Barbados
- South America: Brazil, Uruguay, French Guyana, the Falkland Islands, Argentina, Chile
- Six days in Antarctica
Fares: Ocean View Suite from $30,499 per person; Veranda Suite from $33,999 per person; Penthouse Suite from $55,499 per person. Contact a Cruiseable travel advocate to receive special amenities.
Queen Mary 2 is Cunard’s flagship, and it can be your home away from home for 132 nights. With stops throughout Europe, Africa, Australia, Asia and the Middle East, you'll see the world from a fresh perspective. With onboard lectures, cinema, spa, planetarium, casino and lounges, you won't have time to be bored.
Length: 132 nights
Ship: Queen Mary 2
Itinerary: Departs New York January 4, 2017, returns to New York May 15, 2017.
World Tour highlights:
- Africa: Namibia, South Africa, Reunion, Mauritius
- Australian ports: Perth, Adelaide, Melbourne, Sydney, Port Arthur, Brisbane and Cairns
- Asia: Vietnam, China, Taiwan, South Korea, Japan, Thailand, Malaysia and Sri Lanka.
Fares: Inside Stateroom from $23,978 per person; Balcony Stateroom from $34,299 per person; Queen's Grill from $84,198 per person. Contact a Cruiseable travel advocate to receive special amenities.
QM2's 118-day World Tour 2017 itinerary stops in 40 ports in 23 countries, with 10 maiden ports of call visits, lasting from January 10 to May 8, 2017.
What if you don't have three to six months, but you do have some vacation time coming your way?Four continents in 48 days on Princess Cruises might be just the ticket. Think of this an Epic Voyage Starter Kit.
Length: 48 days
Ship: Emerald Princess
Itinerary: Departs Southampton, England, on September 28, 2016, ends in Sydney, Australia, on November 15, 2016.
Four Continents Grand Adventure highlights:
- Europe: Rome, Naples, Messina, Sicily
- Middle East: Jordan, Egypt and Dubai
- Asia: India, Singapore, Thailand and Indonesia
- Australia: Fremantle, Melbourne and Sydney
Fares: Interior stateroom from $5,598 per person; Balcony from $9,598 per person; Suite from $26,859 per person. Contact a Cruiseable travel advocate to receive special onboard credits.
Book a world cruise
If you think a world cruise is right for you, contact an experienced Cruiseable travel advocate who can answer all your questions and book you on the world cruise that's right for your needs. We'll throw in a complimentary $500 onboard spending credit per stateroom.