Splendour of the Seas
On a cruise ship
CruiseClout score: 95.0
Splendour of the Seas: Time for some R&R
You'll love the views on Splendour of the Seas, a worldly ship that shares time between the coastlines of Europe and South America. Take in the scenery through thousands of windows that immerse you in historic towns and mountainside beaches. Have a dip in the sun-drenched indoor/outdoor pool at the Solarium, try your hand at mini golf and rock climbing, or be pampered at the Vitality Spa.
Now, there's even more to love on board, with the addition of new offerings such as Chops Grille, a reinvented Centrum experience, the new R Bar, a poolside movie screen, the color-saturated BRITTO Gallery and a nursery for littlest cruisers.
Who will like sailing on Splendour of the Seas
For those cruise passengers looking for some serious R&R, Splendour of the Seas features several onboard spas and pools for relaxing. However, adventure seekers will also find entertainment with the abundance of activities on board and at port.
Where Splendour of the Seas sails
Splendour of the Seas sails in and around South America, Europe and the Mediterranean. Cruise itineraries range from about seven to 16 nights. Top destinations that the ship visits include Brazil, Greece and Turkey.
Dining top options
- Main Dining Room: features complimentary, multi-course dining for breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Boardwalk Doghouse: serves up complimentary custom hot dogs
- More complimentary options including the Park Cafe, Windjammer Cafe and Solarium Cafe
- Izumi: Asian-fusion cuisine, featuring a la carte sushi selections
- Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream: serves up frozen treats for a nominal fee
- Cafe Latte-tudes: serves up Seattle's Best Coffee
- Viking Crown Lounge: features an a la carte menu with bite-sized portions of classic dishes
- Room service: Late-night service charge applies to room service orders between midnight and 5:00 am
Specialty restaurants, listed below, require one low cover charge, and then you can choose any items off the menu from appetizers to desserts.
- Chops Grille: Royal Caribbean's signature steakhouse
- Chef's Table: an intimate dining experience with a Royal Caribbean chef
Rest & relaxation
- Poolside, outdoor movie screen
- Vitality Spa with an extensive treatment menu
- State-of-the-art fitness center, with classes ranging from aerobics to kickboxing to yoga
- Two pools including the Solarium, an adults-only retreat
- Four whirlpools
- Concierge Club and Diamond Lounge for select society members and guests
Entertainment & shopping
- Chic and sophisticated Centrum experience with enriching daytime activities, nightly entertainment and aerial spectacles
- R Bar features a sophisticated 1960s vibe, complete with iconic furnishing and signature cocktails created by a savvy mixologist
- Complimentary Broadway-style entertainment in the Main Theater
- 6,500-square-foot, Vegas-style Casino Royale with 164 slots and 11 tables
- BRITTO Gallery, featuring the works of pop art icon Romero Britto
- 10 bars and lounges that never have a cover
- Duty-free shops on board feature name-brand jewelry, perfumes, apparel and more
Action & adventure
- Rock-climbing wall
- Upper-deck jogging track
- 18-hole miniature golf course
- Video game arcade
Kids & families
- Complimentary Adventure Ocean Youth Program
- Royal Babies and Royal Tots programming featuring specially designed Fisher Price activities
- Expanded teen-only hangout areas and disco
- Family-friendly activities including games, contests, enrichment classes and lectures
Staterooms are put into different categories based on size and amenities as well as the location on the cruise ship. Splendour of the Seas features 124 new balcony staterooms, with amenities such as flat-screen televisions, new bathrooms and completely remodeled interiors such as new linens and furniture.
All staterooms have closed-circuit TV, a radio, hairdryer, vanity area and a bathroom with a shower. All lower beds are convertible to a queen. Suites have a sitting area, private balcony and a full bath with a tub. iPads in every stateroom allow guests to access the daily Cruise Compass of events and activities; personal daily itineraries, including shore excursions; monitor their onboard account; order room service; view restaurant menus; access the Internet and watch movies.
Have you cruised on Splendour of the Seast? What was it like? What was the highlight for you? We'd love to hear about your own experience.
Help improve this article. See anything wrong? What did we overlook? Be a co-creator!
Interested in a cruise on this ship?
Top highlights on this ship
- Solarium, adults-only retreat
- Rock-climbing wall and miniature golf course
- Poolside, outdoor movie screen
- Relaxation in the Vitality Spa