On a cruise ship
CruiseClout score: 95.0
Sea Princess: Relaxation for all ages
Have you sailed on Sea Princess? We'd love to hear your take and see your photos. The following information was curated by Cruiseable.
Not long ago, Princess Cruises' Sea Princess was updated to include The Sanctuary, a tranquil haven just for adults, which was a fitting enhancement for this relaxed, rejuvenating retreat at sea. Whether you're cutting into a juicy steak cooked to order in the dining room or enjoying the luxury of a special breakfast just for booking a suite, youll be taken care of on board as you sail to fascinating destinations all over the world with Sea Princess.
Who will like sailing the Sea Princess
Cruise passengers wanting a wide choice of shipboard activities, but still that touch of personalized service, will enjoy sailing on Sea Princess. The ship's programs for children and teens also make this a family-friendly cruise.
Where Sea Princess sails
The Sea Princess cruises to and around Australia, New Zealand, Hawaii, Tahiti, the South Pacific and Asia — not to mention its world cruises. Itineraries range from a few days to as many as 104 days.
Princess knows that travelers look forward to freshly prepared, delicious fare on their voyage, which is why food quality is important to them. At any hour, wherever you go on your Princess ship, chefs are busy baking, grilling and sauteing the ingredients of your next meal. Bread and pastries are baked fresh three times a day, and sauces are prepared by hand.
Princess offers you the choice of Traditional Dining with a fixed time and seating or Anytime Dining with the flexibility to dine when and with whom you choose. Both options offer menus featuring creatively prepared appetizers, entrees and desserts that change each day of your voyage — as well as several healthy Lotus Spa selections.
- Sterling Steakhouse: The sophisticated Sterling Steakhouse features premium, cooked-to-order aged beef, along with other steakhouse favorites. Passengers even enjoy the unique option of choosing their own cut from a presentation tray and watching as the chef cooks their selection. (A modest cover charge will apply.)
- Horizon Court: Offers a wide selection of buffet meals or snacks. Floor-to-ceiling windows with stunning sea views serves as a backdrop for your quick breakfast or casual dinner.
- Pub Lunch: Step into the Wheelhouse Bar onboard for a taste of British tradition. You'll find a menu of favorites advertised on chalkboards and displayed on counters for an authentic pub feel including fish and chips or a hearty Ploughman's lunch.
- Afternoon Tea: Indulge in afternoon tea with finger sandwiches, pastries, scones, cookies, music and white-glove service.
- Room Service: The complimentary room-service menu includes sandwiches, salads, a selection of hot dishes and delicacies from the pastry shop; plus, coffee, iced tea and milk are available 24 hours a day.
- Ultimate Balcony Dining: Dine alfresco style, with a multicourse dinner, served on your balcony by a dedicated waitstaff. Or if you prefer, a refreshing breakfast option is available.
- Movies Under the Stars: Enjoy feature films, concerts, sporting events and other entertainment on a giant screen poolside.
- Library: All Princess cruises are stocked with an extensive library, including contemporary titles in a wide range of categories and books related to specific cruise itineraries. Princess onboard libraries have collections of up to 2,000 books. The Princess Cruises Book Club offers an opportunity for fascinating literary discussions among passengers.
- Production Shows: Princess Signature Shows are featured on every cruise, entertaining passengers with lively music, stunning choreography and some of the largest casts at sea.
- Dancing, Karaoke & Comedy: Move to the rhythm of the disco beat or take a spin in the ballroom. And, for some belly laughs, catch a stand-up comedy act or belt out a song in the karaoke lounge.
- Casino: Games of chance worthy of Las Vegas beckon including blackjack, roulette, craps and slot machines.
- Princess Cruises Ultimate Ship Tour: Get an exclusive glimpse at the behind-the-scenes action onboard a Princess ship.
Bars & lounges
Evening cocktails in one of the ship's cozy lounges or swanky bars is a perfect place to meet up with shipboard friends.
Spa & fitness
The Lotus Spa and Fitness Center features spa treatments, beauty salon services and the latest in equipment, as well as personal trainers and a variety of different classes throughout the day.
Princess offers everything you could need for a relaxed, rejuvenating retreat with innovative experiences all designed to help you escape completely.
- The Sanctuary: Solitude seekers will be able to escape completely to this plush, outdoor spa-inspired setting with signature beverages, light meals, massages, attentive service and relaxing personal entertainment.
- [email protected]: From enrichment lectures to cooking demonstrations, digital photography workshops to wine tasting, [email protected] programs are designed to make learning fun.
- Poolside activities: Swim, sun and enjoy yourself in one of many pools. Relax effortlessly underneath a retractable glass dome, on a terrace above the rolling wake, or work up a sweat and make some of your own waves in a swim-against-the-current pool.
Staterooms are put into different categories based on size and amenities as well as the location on the cruise ship. All staterooms have a bathroom with a shower, terry cloth bathrobes, hairdryers, a phone, refrigerator, satellite TV, multi-channel music system, private safes and twin beds that convert to a queen size.
With Princess, young kids and teens have their own kind of fun — and their own place to hang out. The ship's youth and teen centers are fully equipped with everything from the latest video games and movies, to arts and crafts, fooseball tables, board games and jukeboxes. And for the littlest ones, activities like kids' karaoke, pizza parties, pajama nights and more are available. This ship's activities run the age-appropriate gamut for those under 18 — from Princess Pelicans (ages three to seven), and Shockwaves (ages eight to 12), to Remix (ages 13 to 17).
Have you sailed the Sea Princess ? Please share a story, tip or discovery. What was the highlight? We would love to hear about your experience — please share!
Help improve this article. See anything wrong? What did we overlook? Be a co-creator!
Interested in a cruise on this ship?
Top highlights on this ship
- A variety of fresh dining options
- The Sanctuary, a relaxing getaway for adults only
- Luxurious spa treatments at Lotus Spa