On a cruise ship
CruiseClout score: 95.0
Pacific Princess: Sail the world on this gem of a small ship
While Pacific Princess is considered a small ship by current cruise standards, featuring space onboard for just 680 passengers, she doesn't skimp on amenities. As one of the small ships of Princess Cruises, Pacific Princess offers two popular specialty restaurants onboard, Sterling Steakhouse and Sabatini's, both with standout menus. In the main dining rooms, look for traditional dining: an authentic cruising experience where the same friendly wait staff serve you each night as you get to know your fellow table mates.
Who will like sailing on Pacific Princess
Honeymooners, people who like it when staff knows them by name and those celebrating wedding anniversaries or big milestone birthdays will love this ship. The age skews older and, in general, cruisers who prefer a more intimate experience versus mega-ship offerings will be happy on a Pacific Princess cruise.
Where Pacific Princess sails
Destinations: Pacific Princess offers itineraries to Oceania, the South Pacific (including French Polynesia), Hawaii, the U.S. West Coast, a Hong Kong to Dubai Oriental cruise, inland waterways of Europe, Central America and Panama, Alaska or a humdinger of a world cruise.
Here’s a 2-minute 30-second video from Princess about escapes to Tahiti and Hawaii.
Freshly prepared, mouthwatering fare is expected on cruises, which is why the quality of Princess cuisine is a key attraction. At any hour, wherever you go on your Princess ship, chefs are busy baking, grilling and sautéing the ingredients of your next meal. Bread and pastries are baked fresh three times a day, and sauces are prepared by hand.
Variety is the spice of life, especially when it comes to dining. Whether you feel like a multicourse meal in a formal dining room or a hand-tossed pizza, Princess seeks to fulfill your culinary cravings. From elegant specialty restaurants (where a modest cover charge will apply) to themed buffets on deck, the variety of venues and dining options is certain to satisfy you no matter the time of day.
Princess offers you the choice of Traditional Dining, Specialty Dining or Casual Dining:
- Traditional dining: This is the classic cruise experience, allowing you to dine at set times with the same table mates and wait staff each evening. Menus feature creatively prepared appetizers, entrees and desserts that change each day of your voyage as well as several healthy Lotus Spa selections.
- Sabatini's: With a menu specializing in Italian cuisine and premium seafood, Sabatini's offers a refined yet casual atmosphere that includes extensive personal attention from the wait staff and is sure to leave you feeling buonissimo and ready for a walk around the piazza.
- Sterling Steakhouse: The sophisticated Sterling Steakhouse features premium, cooked-to-order aged beef, along with other steakhouse favorites. Passengers even enjoy the unique option of choosing their own cut from a presentation tray and watching as the chef cooks their selection.
- Panorama buffet: Offers a wide selection of buffet meals or snacks. Floor-to-ceiling windows with stunning sea views serve as a backdrop for your quick breakfast or casual dinner.
- Afternoon tea: Indulge in afternoon tea with finger sandwiches, pastries, scones, cookies, music and white-glove service.
- Room service: The complimentary room-service menu includes sandwiches, salads, a selection of hot dishes and delicacies from the pastry shop; plus, coffee, iced tea and milk are available 24-hours a day!
- Ultimate Balcony Dining: Dine al fresco style, with a multi-course dinner, served on your balcony by a wait staff member. Or if you prefer, a refreshing breakfast option is available.
Princess offers a wide variety of active and restful activities for you to craft your own cruise rhythm.
- [email protected]: From enrichment lectures to cooking demonstrations, digital photography workshops to wine tasting, [email protected] programs are designed to make learning fun.
- Lotus Spa: Return to your world renewed in body, mind and spirit. The Lotus Spa and Fitness Center features spa treatments, beauty salon services and the latest in equipment as well as personal trainers and a variety of different classes throughout the day.
- Poolside activities: Swim, sun and enjoy yourself in the ship's many pools. Relax underneath a retractable glass dome, on a terrace above the rolling wake or work up a sweat and make some of your own waves in a swim-against-the-current pool.
- Library: An extensive library, including contemporary titles in a wide range of categories and books related to specific cruise itineraries await you. Princess onboard libraries have collections of up to 2,000 books.
- Princess Cruises Book Club: Offers an opportunity for fascinating literary discussions among passengers.
- Production shows: Princess Signature Shows are featured on every cruise, entertaining passengers with lively music, stunning choreography and some of the largest casts at sea.
- Dancing, karaoke & comedy: Move to the rhythm of the disco beat or take a spin in the ballroom. And, for some belly laughs, catch a stand-up comedy act or belt out a song in the karaoke lounge.
- Bars & lounges: Evening cocktails in one of the ship's cozy lounges or swanky bars is a perfect place to meet up with shipboard friends.
- Casino: Games of chance worthy of Las Vegas beckon including blackjack, roulette, craps and slot machines.
- Pacific Princess, along with Island Princess, was the original venue for the TV series The Love Boat. The show went on to film aboard many of Princess' ships in destinations around the globe.
Have you sailed on Pacific Princess? Were you a fan of The Love Boat? What are your tips, what were the highlights? We'd love to know! Please share in the comments or write your own article or review.
Help improve this article. See anything wrong? What did we overlook? Be a co-creator!
Interested in a cruise on this ship?
Top highlights on this ship
- Bread is baked fresh three times a day, so forget your low-carb diet and taste some freshly baked bread and pastries.
- Learn to take better digital photos, how to cook special dishes or improve your wine IQ with [email protected] programs.
- Princess onboard libraries have collections of up to 2,000 books, with many curated for your specific cruise itinerary.
- Always wanted to join a book club? Try one at sea, snuggle up with a great book and then share your thoughts with your literary cohort.