On a cruise ship
CruiseClout score: 95.0
Ocean Princess: A globe-sailing culinary-rich cruise ship
Princess Cruises' Ocean Princess is one of the Small Ships of Princess, reserved for sailing some of the most exotic destinations in the world. Onboard you'll bond with a small community of 680 passengers as you indulge in the warm, welcoming service and Princess Cruise ambiance. Celebrate a special occasion or treat yourself to an incredible meal, freshly prepared in one of the elegant restaurants, the Sterling Steakhouse or Sabatini's, featuring menus your taste buds won't soon forget.
Who will like sailing on Ocean Princess
The majority of Ocean Princess' passengers are over the age of 40, with the average overall age falling somewhere between 50 and 55. Kids are welcome, although not plentiful, but some young couples enjoy these cruises as well. Most passengers are North American, although there is often decent showing from Europe and Australia/New Zealand.
Where Ocean Princess sails
Ocean Princess reigns the seven seas. She offers cruises to the Caribbean, Indian Ocean, Australia and New Zealand, Asia, Africa, Scandinavia, Mediterranean, Europe and South America. You can sail on a transatlantic or transpacific cruise as well.
Choice cuisine and culinary specialists make dining an event on Ocean Princess. At any hour, wherever you go on your Princess ship, chefs are busy baking, grilling, steaming and sautéing the ingredients of your next meal. Bread and pastries are baked fresh three times a day, and sauces are prepared by hand.
Variety is the spice of life, especially when it comes to dining. Whether you feel like a multi-course meal in a formal dining room or a hand-tossed pizza, Princess meets your every mood. From elegant specialty restaurants to themed buffets on deck, the variety of venues and dining options will satisfy any craving.
Princess offers you the choice of traditional dining, specialty dining or casual dining.
Traditional dining is the classic cruise experience, allowing you to dine at set times with the same table mates and wait staff each evening. Menus featuring creatively prepared appetizers, entrees and desserts that changes each day of your voyage as well as several healthy Lotus Spa selections.
- Sabatini's: With a menu specializing in Italian cuisine and premium seafood, Sabatini's offers a refined yet casual atmosphere that includes extensive personal attention from the wait staff and is sure to leave you feeling like you just stepped into an Italian ristorante.
- Sterling Steakhouse: The sophisticated Sterling Steakhouse features premium, cooked-to-order aged beef, along with other steakhouse favorites. Passengers even enjoy the unique option of choosing their own cut from a presentation tray, and watching as the chef cooks their selection.
- Panorama Buffet: Offers a wide selection of buffet meals or snacks. Floor-to-ceiling windows with stunning sea views is a backdrop for your quick breakfast or casual dinner.
- Afternoon tea: Indulge in afternoon tea with finger sandwiches, pastries, scones, cookies, music and white-glove service.
- Room service: The complimentary room-service menu includes sandwiches, salads, a selection of hot dishes and delicacies from the pastry shop; plus, coffee, iced tea and milk are available 24-hours a day.
- Ultimate balcony dining: Dine al fresco, with a multicourse dinner, served on your balcony by a dedicated waitstaff. Or if you prefer, a refreshing breakfast option is available.
Whether you love activity or crave tranquility, Princess offers everything you need for a relaxing, rejuvenating retreat, including a wide variety of freshly prepared cuisine and innovative experiences all designed to help you escape completely.
- [email protected]: From enrichment lectures to cooking demonstrations, digital photography workshops to wine tasting, [email protected] programs are designed to make learning fun.
- Lotus Spa: The goal at Princess is to return you to the world renewed in body, mind and spirit. The Lotus Spa and Fitness Center features spa treatments, beauty salon services and the latest in equipment, as well as personal trainers and a variety of different classes throughout the day.
- Poolside activities: Swim, sun and enjoy yourself in one of many pools. Relax under a retractable glass dome on a terrace above the rolling wake, or work up a sweat and make some of your own waves in a swim-against-the-current pool.
- Library: The Princess ships are stocked with an extensive library, including contemporary titles in a wide range of categories and books related to specific cruise itineraries. Princess onboard libraries have collections of up to 2,000 books.
- Production shows: Princess Signature Shows are featured on every cruise, entertaining passengers with lively music, eye-catching choreography, and some of the largest casts at sea.
- Dancing, karaoke & comedy: Move to the rhythm of the disco beat or take a spin in the ballroom. Give your abs a workout with belly laughs, catch a stand-up comedy act or belt out a song in the karaoke lounge.
- Bars & lounges: One of the ship's cozy lounges or swanky bars serves as a perfect place to meet up with shipboard friends for some cocktails.
- Casino: Games of chance worthy of Las Vegas beckon including blackjack, roulette, craps and slot machines.
- Princess Cruises Book Club: This book club offers an opportunity for fascinating literary discussions among passengers.
Kids & teens
With Princess, young kids and teens have their own kind of fun — and their own place to hang out. The youth and teen centers are fully equipped with everything from the latest video games and movies, to arts and crafts, foosball tables, board games and jukeboxes. For the littlest ones, activities like kids' karaoke, pizza parties, pajama nights and more are available.
This ship's activities run the age-appropriate gamut for those under 18 —from Princess Pelicans to Shockwaves to Remix — and include:
- Arts and crafts
- Ice cream parties
- Board games
- Kids/teens dinners
How about you? Have you sailed on Ocean Princess? What was your take on the art and ambiance? We would love to hear about your experience — please share!
Help improve this article. See anything wrong? What did we overlook? Be a co-creator!
Interested in a cruise on this ship?
Top highlights on this ship
- Cross the Atlantic or Pacific oceans in style on the Ocean Princess.
- Bread and pastries are baked three times a day.
- Floor-to-ceiling windows with stunning sea views are the backdrop for almost every meal.
- High tea on the high seas — tea and scones anyone?
- Dine al fresco on your balcony served by a dedicated waitstaff.