On a cruise ship
CruiseClout score: 95.0
Costa Victoria: Traditional sailings infused with Italian art
Costa Victoria has a more traditional feel than some of her sister ships, a stylishness more elegantly nautical and less theatrically "wow." Like other Costa Cruises vessels, Victoria celebrates art, most notably with the brilliant glass mosaics of Emilio Tadinidi, which bring a playful and vibrant aesthetic into play. Built in 1996 but fully refurbished, Costa Victoria accommodates 2,394 passengers in 964 cabins, attended by 790 crew members. Among her most outstanding features are the expanses of panoramic windows around Concorde Plaza and an abundance of open deck space, giving passengers multiple ways to combine indoor and outdoor relaxation and activities.
Who will like sailing on Costa Victoria
Cruise enthusiasts who enjoy a more traditional experience, one that is less about glitz and the latest bells and whistles and more about the joys of cruising itself, from sitting on an open deck with the sea all around to romantic evenings stargazing or heading to one of the lounges to spend time with a whole new collection of international friends.
Costa Victoria has tons of deck space, multiple restaurants and lounges and enough amenities and entertainment possibilities galore.
Dining & lounges
Victoria features five restaurants, offering something for all tastes and ages.
- Fantasia Restaurant features multinational cuisine with an emphasis on Italian.
- Bolero is the ship's indoor and outdoor buffet.
- Sinfonia Restaurant, like Fantasia, is open for three meals and offers international cuisine.
- Club Il Magnifico, the ship's a la carte restaurant, is elegant with a menu highlighted by steak; additional fee required.
- The pizzeria has appeal for pizza lovers of any age.
- 10 bars and lounges, including Capriccio Bar with its spectacular glass mosaic wall
Costa Victoria passengers have plenty of options for entertainment.
- Three pools, one indoor
- Four whirlpools
- Two-level Festival Theater
- Pompeii, a full-service spa
- Supervised children’s club
- 24-hour room service
- Satellite TV
- Voltage: 220/110
- Wi-fi (may be subject to charge)
How about you? Have you sailed on Costa Victoria? We'd like to hear all about about your experience! Please share.
See anything wrong? What did we overlook? Be a co-creator!
Published March 2015